Monday, October 29, 2007

Crazy Hair Morning

Gotta little story for ya Ags . . .

Last night was Crazy Hair Night at AWANA, where the kids go nuts trying to make their hair crazy. Molli had her hair made into sort of a palm tree with a long pony sticking straight up and lots of pony tail holders up the trunk to make it stiff, and all ratted at the top. She had a frog stuck in there and a plastic fork. Marshall, who has been needing a haircut but wasn't about to cut it BEFORE Crazy Hair Night, had his hair made into a Faux-Hawk (I was told it was NOT a mohawk unless it was shaved on the sides). Think Sanjaya and you'll get the picture.

Anyway I didn't have much time for Miranda and I wasn't sure if the Cubbies (3-4 year olds) were participating, so I just kind of brushed her hair crazy and sprayed and gelled it and stuck a bow on top. Unfortunately within five minutes it looked almost normal (it's a bit on the crazy side anyway).

So we got home from AWANA and Miranda was complaining that her hair wasn't crazy enough. So I put Miranda's hair into two ponytails and made them into two "palm trees." She slept in them and this morning wanted to wear them to Mother's Day Out.It looked sort of like something from Whoville but kind of cute, and hey, it's almost Halloween, so I took her into school with her crazy fuzzy slept-in palm trees.

So we get into her classroom and her teacher says, "Hi Ms. Greene - did you remember that today is Picture Day? Please fill out this form on her background and poses."You can't make this stuff up!!So I tore down her Crazy Palm Tree Hair and with some water from the bathroom sink, managed to change it into her Normal Crazy Hair.

I was only 25 minutes late to work.

What a morning!! Sorry I didn't get pictures!

2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I love it...and no you can't make these things up.

Way to go with the flow!!

I will be checking your blog also.

freemans4jc said...

That is the best story ever!

Miranda is a great blessing to us in Cubbies.

We love her so much, what a blessing your children are!

Cindy Freeman