Sunday, November 11, 2007

hey friends . . .

Hello friends.

Please please pray for me. I am really sick and have been sick since Thursday night. I spent 6-7 hours at the Urgent Care Clinic today getting blood drawn, painkillers, and IV rehydration. With some debate the doctor let me go home but I am absolutely miserable.

Please pray that this is not meningitis or something that will take a long time to recover from, and pray that my kids/hubby don't get the same bug, whatever it is.

I cannot get my fever down despite prescription painkillers/fever reduces and 4 Advil every few hours. I just got up (it's nearly 4 a.m.), thinking my fever might have finally broken since I feel a little better, and I just took my temp (oral) and it's 102.1.

I am SO sad now that I realize that I will not be able to go to church tomorrow.

And yes, you did see me at the concert on Friday night. It was probably a big mistake. I just couldn't not go. You might have noticed, though, that I was wearing Matt's pajamas for a shirt and dressed in layers and shivering despite the 80 degree weather.

Again, please pray for me. I rarely get sick and just don't know what to do with myself. The staff at S&W thought it was funny that I had only gone to the doctor (for illness) once in my adult life that I could think of.

OK, I'm dizzy. I would like to go to bed but I keep having febrile convulsions racking my whole body for 30-40 minutes and as a result my entire body is so sore, and I have such bad heartburn (I guess from the convulsions/chills) that I can't lay flat.

Have a great day. I sure miss you guys already! (since I won't see you tomorrow).

I'm going to go try attempting sleep in my rocking chair . . .

Mindi

4 comments:

sdfs said...

I hope you feel better! I will be praying for your family!

I do have a funny story about Myla from today. I put her down after a diaper change and a few minutes later she walked over to me and said "PooPOO" I checked her diaper and it was empty. But she was adamant. She stood by me and then when she was done, she told me! I was amazed! LOL...I told her I should have taken her to the potty! She's such a sweet, big girl!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I will be praying for you. Miranda was so sweet in Cubbies, she has the best smile ever and she was just bouncing up and down when daddy dropped her off...I do hope you feel better soon.

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you too! Keep us posted on ways to pray. That has to be no fun with 6 kiddos and a hubby.

Get well missy!
Lyns

Hope Road said...

Aww I am glad you have a blog! But i am sorry your not feeling so hot :( Something someone said to me while i was sick was that, while you may be in pain, there are brothers and sisters all over the world feeling pain too, not because they are sick, but only because they believe in Jesus. Even though sickness is only temperary, for a few days we can understand just a little bit better, what other believers experience every day. I hope this encourages you as it did me. I miss you gus soo much, and im glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch! I hope you get better soon :) your sister in christ, Amy