Friday, November 30, 2007

My list


OK, I so have been intrigued by the incredibly popular "To-Do List" blog that became a book and is now a best-seller. So I went to the blog to take a look around. The author claims that a list says a lot about a person.

I have not posted in forever and a day. I had to get over being sick, and then have Thanksgiving, and since we got home from Ennis (where my brother, mom and dad live) I have been playing catch-up. And besides, I couldn't think of a topic.

So since it's too late to make a "Things I'm Thankful For" list, I'll just make an impromptu list of things I love.

So, in no particular order, here are some things that Mindi loves!!!

1. The obvious! The triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and the Bible so we can read and learn about Him
2. Another obvious! My awesome hubby, my awesome beautiful six children, and extended fam.
3. Still another obvious! My amazing friends, and the fact that I have so many people who care about me (as I found out when I was sick . . . my phones were ringing off the wall, er, nightstand). A MILLION thanks to the many many people (my mom called them "Mindi's Angels) who chipped in with food, childcare, running kids, etc.
4. Yada yada yada . . .. this is getting boring but of course my house, my car, my computer, my phone.

OK, now for the little things:

Beautiful sunny fall days
The smell of Myla's neck
Hot kettle corn (the real stuff, not microwaved)
How it feels to crunch dead leaves
Friends (the TV show), Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, and Jeopardy
Google
Loud, hard thunderstorms that rage when I'm home for the night and while I sleep, but clear up to a clean wet world by dawn's early light.
Just-bathed baby toes that are wrinkly and pink
Giving someone a present that I KNOW they will absolutely love
Pictures of my kids when they were babies
The look and feel of a slight sunburn at the end of a day on the lake
Wings 'n' More pickle chips
Sitting at the edge of the ocean, staring out and wondering where I would end up if I went straight out
Diet Cokes (fountain) with REAL cherry flavoring, not sugar-free cherry flavoring that tastes like bad cough syrup
A roaring fire in the fireplace on a freezing night
Texas A&M Football and the Dallas Cowboys

OK, that's enough for now.

What do you love?

Mindi

7 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

- Jesus
- snuggling up with my boys in my bed to read books in our pajamas after their bath.
- laughing with my girlfriends so hard that I snort (I am prone to do that)
- Also a hard rain when I am home and nowhere to go.
-sleeping in on Saturdays and Sundays now that the boys will sleep until 9:00 am.
- Rolling over and realizing that I still have an hour until my alarm goes off (that is a gift from God)

I know there is more but that is off the top of my head.

Mindi said...

Yay! Kathryn thanks for posting. I figured since there had been no activity in a while that no one would read it!!

I thought of the "realizing it's still an hour until the alarm goes off" right after I posted!! Great minds think alike, huh?

Have an awesome wonderful weekend!

Mindi

Mindi said...

I got this sweet email from my dear friend Dani Thaxton (she was a member of LH but moved to Virginia a few months ago!) Here's her response:

Since I don't have a blog, I am posting on your email. Crazy I know.

What I love:

Putting my nose in Abby's hair after it has been washed and dried.
Isaac's belly laugh.
Clothes shopping with Emily.
Laying with Andy on the couch in front of a roaring fire.
Snuggling on the couch with the kids and reading a book.
Baking chocolate chip cookies.
Sleeping in on Saturday morning.

Lots more but it is bedtime.

Thanks for posting this post. Right now I am working on not focusing on things I don't like. Instead, thinking of the things I do like. So, this set me thinking tonight.

Love and miss yall
Dani

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

We should all think like that...whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is noble and whatever is praiseworthy...think of those things. Philippians 4:8 (paraphrased!!)

Be sure to tell Dani that Kathryn misses her and that Cubbies just isn't the same without her!!!!

Melodi said...

-Jesus
-Mark, the perfect husband for me
-six incredible kids
-great movies like "Facing the Giants" and "Evan Almighty"
-laughter, lots of it, and Kathryn, I snort, too! So does Camille!
-reading books of all kinds
-learning
-Wings n More chicken tenders, fries, and cheese to dip the fries in!
-Andre's soft afro
-Sonic Coke
-Coke Zero, the only alternative to Sonic Coke
-Sleep, lots of it
-board games
-drum lines
-hard rain (seems to be a common love)
-a roaring fire in the fireplace while we do school at the table
-funny skits at LH
-cooking out with friends, speaking of which....the Henrys want the Greene's to come over for burgers. When is a good evening?
-Hi, Dani!

Melodi

Melodi said...

As you noticed, my google account name says John Mark. He took over my account one time and I don't know how to undo that! ha! I promise he doesn't have a husband named Mark, etc.

Mindi said...

Yay! Melodi, we would LOVE to come over for burgers!!

The chosen night depends on what time you would want us to come -

Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are not so good.

Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays are much better!!

Let's name a date so I have something to be excited about!

Mindi

p.s. you can email me directly at mindigreene@verizon.net