Monday, November 19, 2007

I survived!!!

Well, I am back among the land of the living! Thank you to everyone who prayed for me, called to check on me, emailed your concerns, etc. Some of you kept my kids, drove them around, and cooked me dinner!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

My goal for Friday was to get out of bed and make it to the living room couch. Once I got to the couch, I felt much better and by Friday night was up and dressed in real clothes! My mom felt okay about going home at that point (she had been staying with me and helping with the house and children).

By Saturday I took a REAL shower (standing up!) and put on jeans. Matt declared me well enough to go to Red Lobster and to go see a movie. And Sunday I went to church, and today I am at work!!!

So, praise God, I am well!

Mindi's Horrible Illness By the Numbers:
2 trips to medical facilities
3 IV attempts (2 successful)
3 bottles of Advil taken
1 spinal tap
1 chest xray
2 sets of bloodwork
8 days in bed
3 cans of chicken broth
3 packages of jello
104.3 - highest recorded fever

Tomorrow I will write something more exciting to read about!!
Thanks, friends, for being there for me!!

Mindi

2 comments:

Andy said...

Glad you survived...kinda :) You dont think this has anything to do with head trauma suffered during your nasty fall? I should hope not.

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. You truly have so much to be thankful for!!!