Monday, December 31, 2007

My Cup Runneth Over!



Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Psalms 23:5




Wow! I am suddenly overtaken by tears of joy.




How? How has God been so good to me?




I have been immensely blessed in life despite plenty of mistakes.




You know the old adage, "You can't take it with you" - referring to the fact that when we die, we don't take our houses, our Suburbans, our cell phones, our email accounts . . . or even our Wii's.




But you know what we CAN take with us??? People! Or at least their souls. All of these precious little (and big) children that fill my life with so much joy will all be with me for all eternity, praising God. My awesome hubby? He'll be there too.




I lay in bed last last night with my tears runnething over with pure joy and happiness. I have had a rough 2007 and I was ready to put the lid on that year and open a new year. But despite illness and the loss of a dear family member, I go into 2008 with so much love for so many people in my life that it overwhelms me. I woke up this morning with the same thought. I was ready to blog about it . . . though the blog I composed in my head did more easily flow from my brain. Now it sounds kind of . . . well, silly.




But the fact that I have one AMAZING husband and six AMAZING children to share a home with staggers me. Add on top of that . . . a super-great mom who I love so much. My parents were divorced when I was 21 and it rocked me to the core. But now I have two new people in my life. She remarried "Grampa James" in 1999 and he is wonderful too!




I had anger and issues with my father after the divorce but have reconciled that relationship. Praise God!! I'm so grateful for having him more in my life after years of hurt. His wife, Jean, is a doll and loves all of us dearly.




My brother is the coolest bestest brother ever!! He's an awesome auctioneer. He has a cool boat, a cool pool, and a cool wife! I love them both so much! I love their four super-cool kids too and I'm so glad that my six kids and their four kids all have similar ages and it's a big party and celebration every time we are together! Check out this pic of my mom, Grandpa James, my six kids, and my brother's four kids:



Is that one happy-looking crew, or what?

Then add my husband's family! We married so young, so long ago, that I feel that I have known and loved them forever. His parents are both so good to me and their love for me is genuine. He has two brothers that I love, with great personalities and great hugs! Matt's sister is several years younger than we are, but since she has married and had a baby in the past year and a half, we have grown MUCH closer! She will be having another baby in April and I am so excited that she will have two baby girls to play with my two baby girls!!




OK . . . so that's just pretty much the immediate family - without going into cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, etc. . . . !




That does not count all the dear friends that I have. Several of you out there have been there for me time and time again. You are so supportive of me and help me out with whatever I need. I have old friends and roommates from college, newer friends from optometry school and living in Killeen, and many many new friends and loved ones that we have grown close to since moving to College Station. When I got sick I was absolutely blown away by all of the unsolicited support, phone calls, emails, meals, etc.




So, here comes a Mindi that is a little bit different from the one before. I keep thinking I'm learning my lessons and finally "get it" about life . . . but God always has more to teach me.




I don't know what I am suddenly overcome with love and appreciation with everyone in my life - but I'm so thankful that it's full of such wonderful people.




Thank you God, and please don't let me forget the importance of PEOPLE. And I pray that I will get to WORSHIP You, God, with ALL of these people in heaven some day.

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

What a tremendous joy to have so many family members that you love and who love the Lord. What a blessing that is, treasure it always.

Praise Him that He is so sweet to give us people, to love and be loved...

Mindi said...

Hi Kathryn!

Thanks so much for posting!

Happy New Year! Are you and your crew going to LH tonight?

Mindi

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

We will be there, see you soon...by the time you read this though, it will probably be over!!!