Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ready for a Great . . . 2008!!


Wow.... can it really be 2008???


I am ready . . . though January always seems long, cold, and boring.


Here's some things that I am looking forward to in 2008:


Summer Olympics! (Yay! Go gymnastics!)

The presidential elections! (a little nervous here)

Um . . . don't forget . . . Leap Year!!


Here's what else will happen -


My oldest daughter Monica will turn 16 and get her driver's license . . . yipes!!!

Maci will start high school in the fall.

Hopefully . . . Myla will be potty trained in 2008 . . . making us a diaper-free family for the first time in a few years!

Birthdays . . . Matt and I will hit 34, Monica 16, Maci 14, Molli 11, Marshall 9, Miranda 4, and Myla 2!!! Those numbers seem so CRAZY, like they should be FAR in the future!


How does the time pass so quickly??


I'm excited for what God has planned for Living Hope and how our Wednesday night HOPE group will grow and change.


I like getting new calendars and the kids like getting new school schedules.


I like looking forward to warm weather, though it usually takes longer than I want it to.


What are you looking forward to in 2008???


4 comments:

Andy said...

Looking forward to:
Wednesday night HOPE group...
Pointing out Mindi's mistakes (how can you leave out your son from the birthday list?!?!)
1st anniversary
Will have to think some more. Mostly I just wanted to point out the mistake, but thought I should surround it with happy thoughts :)

Melodi said...

I'm looking forward to a lot of things, Disciple Now, youth camp, summer, swimming, sleep... Oh yeah, and no homework!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Hey, she got 5 out of 6 right...leave the girl alone!!!

I am just looking forward to life one day at a time and where the Lord is going to grow me and what He will teach me!!

I am also looking forward to playing the Wii at the Greene's house!!

Mindi said...

Hi Friends!

Thanks for posting!

Andy, you must need some new glasses . . . I don't know what you are talking about . . . Marshall is there!! (whaddya mean, did I edit my post???)

John Mark, summer, swimming and sleep sounds good to me too! Do you think us moms can get three months of no housework??

Kathryn and company . . . you're right! We WILL plan a Wii date! Matt's fam is still here - so maybe next week or later this weekend??