Monday, January 21, 2008

Striving for Excellence


Proverbs 31:10: An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.


Hi folks! Hopefully some of you out there are still checking this occasionally! Sorry about the long absence - time just S-L-I-P-S away.


I am so excited about my new class!! I am taking the "Excellent Wife" class this spring at LH, taught by the wonderful and amazing Melodi Henry!! I actually have the book (well a friend let me borrow it) but I only got partway through and then it fell to the wayside. Forgive me, Matt, but now I am EXCITED about this class!!


This blog is kind of my accountability - since writing it down for all to see means people will be asking me how it is going - but I am going to try and REALLY do this class right. I'm going to read the chapters when I can take my time and really pay attention, instead of while sitting at the table helping Molli with long division or waiting in the carpool line, etc.


I also have been convicted in the past week (but especially last night in class) about not being faithful to private quiet time, Bible study and prayer. Melodi is right . . . how can I have an intimate relationship with God without spending quality time with Him??? How ridiculous I am, praying mostly when I need things, reading the bible only on a whim or when I need to look something up. I prayed for forgiveness from Him last night in not putting time with Him and His word first!!!


Thank you, Melodi, for all you do! Thank you, Heather, for encouraging ALL married women to take this course!!


And thank you, Matt, for your great and awesome Husband-ness, and I'm sorry for not telling you more often!! Be patient, for I am turning into . . .


. . . The Excellent Wife!!!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Hi! I'm whitney and I hang out with monica and macie, because michelle and amanda are my roommates! i just want you to know that you have LOVELY and AMAZING teenager daughters. you raised them to be so loving and very Godly! thanks for sharing them with us!

Kari said...

You go girl!!!

I sooooooo want to take this class, but maybe next year as I help out with youth on Sunday night!

I look forward to reading what you learn and what God shows you through this class!

And I 2nd Whitney's comments about your children, ALL OF THEM!!!! I was with Miss Miranda in the nursery on Sunday and she just brightens and lightens my heart! Your kiddos are amazing! And I love them all!!!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Miranda is the best. We could go on all day about your precious children...they will arise and call you blessed.
I LOVE accountability...I know, really I do, so I look forward to hearing what the Lord is showing you.

Mindi said...

Hi friends!

Whitney . . . it's nice to "meet" you! You have some pretty amazing roomies! Thank you for your kind words about Monica and Maci - sometimes I wonder if I'm doing ANYTHING right with them! Having teenagers is challenging, and I'm overwhelmed with the responsibility of teaching them everything that I want them to know.

Kari . . . you HAVE to take this class! Maybe someone can rotate into your spot and free up your Sunday nights next spring. I will keep posting what I am learning as I go through the class.

Kathryn . . . thank you! Your kind words mean more than you could know. And your buddy Miranda loves you, too!

Hendrick Family said...

Hooray! What an amazing semester God has in store for you!

Heather

Hendrick Family said...

Hooray! What an amazing semester God has in store for you!

Heather

Megan said...

I am so excited to be taking this class with you and getting to know you!!

We can definitely both keep each other accountable!!

See you Sunday!

Megan

Melodi said...

How exciting to see this on your blog! I didn't see it earlier when I read your cold weather one. Yes, God has something amazing for us this semester - me included - if we just obey!!! I am thrilled that you're in the class and look forward to seeing the smiles on Matt's face as he watches the transformation, although from everything I've seen, you already are excellent.

Melodi