Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm a Quad-athlete!


OK, so you know I am on my way to being fit and healthy. It looks like a very long road from here but I'm ready to go the distance!


I am doing well - eliminated sugar and empty carbs from my diet, and exercising faithfully.


Well, today the Gold's Gym in C.S. had the "Septathlon" where they do a 20-minute "launch" of each of their classes showing the new routines. It lasted from 8:30-11:30 . . . but because the childcare area had a 2 hour limit, I had to resign to doing only five of the seven classes.


Except Myla decided to sleep in two hours past her normal awakening time and slept until 9:20. I have a strict "let sleeping babies lie" rule so I waited for her to wake up, then rushed and got our derrieres to the gym.


So I could only do four classes.


ONLY??? Ha! What a laugh! I'm surprised I survived to tell the story! My heart nearly came OUT of my chest from beating at such a ridiculously high rate. But I'm the type to not slow down, even though the instructor says, "now, go at your own pace, take a break when you need to . . . " I'm not going to be the pitiful one who has to stop because she can't do it.


Except during BodyFlow, where there were a couple of spots where I couldn't follow her, because my body doesn't exactly do all of those things and balance in all of those positions.


But you should have seen me gettin' my groove on on BodyJam! Well, maybe you shouldn't have. I caught a glimpse or two of myself in the mirror and it was more than I bargained for. Suffice it to say that I learned a few new moves today. How anyone can do all of those things and TALK while doing it is beyond me. (like the instructor).


Anyway, I went to BodyStep, then BodyCombat (don't approach me in a dark alleyway now!), then BodyJam (call me the Disco Queen or the Salsa Sweetie), and then BodyFlow (now that was just humorous).


But . . .


I had a ton of fun. I will never just go do 30-45 minutes on the treadmill ever again. How boring!! And I definitely got a MUCH better workout with the classes!


Oh, and if anyone is crying because they missed out on this much fun - they are doing it again tonight (Tues) in C.S. from 5:30-8:30, and tomorrow in Bryan (morning and evening sessions).

If you are not a member of Gold's - go to their website where you can print out a free VIP Member pass to try it for a few days (I've seen coupons from 1 day to 2 weeks) -


Hope to see you there sometime!!

5 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

You go girl...next week, we will make it happen.

Mindi said...

Woo-hoo Kathryn! Guess who did BodyPump at 6 a.m.???

Yay me!

(though I am so sore that I debated not taking my purse to work today since it was so hard to carry it to the car)

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

You go girl...they have Body Pump on Thursday at 5:30 or Combat on Friday. I think I am free both days next week.

Mindi said...

Combat on Friday sounds good maybe - even though I kinda stink at all that punching! You might be embarrassed to be w/me . . .

Let's see how next week goes and which one I want to go to - if I go to the 6:00 a.m. BodyPump on Wed I might not be up to going again on Thurs - so let's see -

Mindi

Melodi said...

I'm so proud of you, Mindi! I'm running again, FINALLY, but I hate how far I have to go to get back to my running schedule of 2 years ago - prior to foster care! I just keep saying, "At least I'm running again. This is more exercise than I was getting yesterday. I have to start somewhere." I am actually also on a weight loss med, so I'm really hoping to see pounds coming off soon. Don't worry, The Amazing Doctor Bacak prescribed the med and he will monitor my blood pressure.

I'd love to hear your favorite healthy foods you're eating. I'm a picky eater, so it's hard for me. The med I'm taking has taken away the desire to snack all day, though.

Melodi