Friday, January 11, 2008

A Brand New Me!!




So I asked myself, "Self, do I post this on my blog for all the world to see?"
Myself said, I think, yes.

It will be another key to my success.

I am tired of being out of shape, and I have heard that when your babies turn 20 months old, you can't blame extra pounds on them any more.

Myla turned 20 months a few days ago.

So . . . it's time.

I just officially joined the Gold's Gym Health and Fitness Challenge.

You can vote for me to win and I will win amazing prizes.

But, it hasn't started yet. The challenge officially starts on Jan 21st. They are just collecting fat and out-of-shape people right now.

But I have started! Starting on Monday, I made a committment to eat healthier, and be healthier. My body is God's temple. I shouldn't stuff it with such bad things, and forget to give it a little exercise. I have done great this week!! I have eaten a lot of lean protein and salads, etc. I have done better about drinking water. And I went to the gym only twice, but hey, it's a start, and I really worked hard.

You are going to be my accountability. Help me. Ask me how I'm doing. I won't get embarrassed.

And if you are a member of Gold's Gym and would like to meet me in the mornings to work out together, I would be so happy!!

I can't wait to introduce you to the new in-shape Mindi! (you know, the one that can go upstairs and carry a load of laundry down and not be winded . . . )

4 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am excited for you and I will ask you how you are doing. I am a member of Golds, unfortunately I can not work out in the morning =(

Mindi said...

When do you work out? Maybe we could make it work, at least once in a while anyway . . . do you go to College Station or Bryan?

Kari said...

I wish I was a member of GOLD's!!!! I actually considered when I got the coupon in the mail before Christmas about no enrollment fee, but I didn't!!! Oh Well!
You go girl!!!!

Mindi said...

Hey Kari!

Hey, if you join the Challenge - you get a free two week pass to Gold's . . . !

Mindi