Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!



I am trying not to be a grump. I am trying not to complain about the wet, windy, cold weather.
I am a summertime gal. I like camping, swimming, and sitting outside on warm evenings when it doesn't get dark until 9:00.
So I'm trying to think good things about wintertime. Here are a few. This might be a short list despite me trying to be creative . . . so I might need some help!
GOOD THINGS ABOUT COLD WEATHER:
1. My kids look really cute in hats.
2. I like fuzzy socks and my new slippers.
3. I like lighting fires and then sitting by the fire for hours.
4. I like cooking cold weather things like beans and cornbread, and chili.
Ummmmm - okay I think I'm done. I guess I'll just focus on hats, socks, slippers, fires, and chili.
Brrrrr . . . did you notice that it's COLD outside?
Maybe if I had a new coat to wear that would help . . . .
Oh, and NO, the cute but unhappy, cold child pictured above is not mine . . . but a cute little tyke, no?

5 comments:

Melodi said...

Other good things about cold weather:

1. Snuggling
2. Hot chocolate
3. Doing homeschool by the fire


Melodi

Hendrick Family said...

I feel your pain!

If life was like Tivo, I'd fast forward to May.

I'm a summer kind of girl for sure.

Heather

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

The hats are good. I got a new coat for Christmas, but it doesn't help!!!

I like hot weather!!!

Dani said...

Hey Mindi. I have been trying to get in touch with you. I think I might have your email wrong. Email me so I know.

I like warm weather, also. I too have to think about good things about the winter to stay postive.
1. Homeschooling by the fire like Melodi.
2. Fuzzy socks
3. Love my kiddos in warm pjs
4. I too Mindi like my kids in hats.
5. Hot chocolate
6. Cooking soup
Unfortunally, that is about all I can come up. In May, ask me what I like about summer, and the comment section will not hold all my list.

This responce will probably come up as Nicole (my middle name) wrote it. Due to Andy's job, we had to leave out our names on the blog.

Miss y'all,
Dani

Kari said...

I love this weather!!! It makes me feel like I'm a bit in Nebraska. Although there high for this past week has been in the teens and lows in the negatives!!

Layering is a thing I like!!!!

You can only get so naked in the summer, right?! :) But you can always add another layer to be warmer!

Kari